This recipe is for a very light and airy bread. I was raised in a donut shop (no pun intended) and have baked all my life.
However, I just couldn't find or create a bread recipe to my satisfaction...one that would knock your socks off, if you know what I mean...that is until I found this one. I got this recipe from a very dear old Italian lady who was like a second mother to me when I was younger. She was always cooking and baking and feeding teenagers.
This is the bread of love that you will love.
2-4 LOAVES (Depending on Size of Pans)
6 cups all-purpose flour
3 rounded tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoons salt
1 packages fast-rising dry yeast
Combine the above ingredients in a mixer bowl first.
3/4 cups buttermilk
1-3/4 cups water
Combine the above ingredients in a bowl or large measuring cup and heat to 125-130 degrees in the microwave to add to the mixing bowl.
Note: This amount will fit in the two medium size bread pans and one small or two large bread pans.
1. Combine the above in a Kitchen Aid or similar type of mixer bowl with a flat hook. If you don't have a mixer, you can do it by hand fairly easily.
2. Blend the ingredients with a dough hook until it all comes together. Finish it up with oiled hands, flattening it out in the bowl. You will not be kneading the dough, but just blending it until smooth. It will be a very wet and sticky dough. Don't worry about getting too much oil from your hands in the dough; it helps the final product.
3. Let the dough rise in the pot or bowl in a warm place (an oven warmed to 90-100 degrees is perfect) for 30-40 minutes or until doubled.
4. Punch the dough down and form to fit in greased baking pans, The pans should be about half full. Allow the covered dough to rise in a warm place until doubled, or the edges are to the top of the pan and the round is above the top.
5. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until done.
6. Remove the bread from the baking pans immediately and let cool on a rack.
Note: To keep the bread fresh, line a big pot with a sheet, add the bread, and then cover with towels. The bread should be good for 2-3 days, but it is best eaten on the same day.This also makes great pizza dough.Light and Fluffy Bread
Friends Link : BBQ Recipe