This recipe takes about 2 hours from start to finish:
2 SHEET PIZZAS
7-1/2 cups bread or all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 packages of fast-acting dry yeast
2 cup water
5/8 cup buttermilk
3/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Place the first 5 ingredients in the KitchenAide pot, except 1-1/2 cups of the flour, and attach the flat blade. Turn the mixer on to speed 1 to blend the ingredients and let it run for 1 minute.
2. Put the liquid ingredients in a small bowl and heat to 125-130 degrees in the microwave (about 2 minutes).
3. Turn the mixer on to 1, and slowly add the liquid, then turn it on 2 and mix for about 2 minutes or until well blended.
4. Attach the dough hook to the machine and need the dough set on 3 for 7 minutes, slowly adding the rest of the flour right away.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and allow the dough to rise in a warm place (about 100-110 degrees) for 25 minutes, or until doubled in size.
6. Punch the dough down, replace the plastic wrap cover and let it rise for another 25 minutes.
7. Place the dough on a flat surface to divide into two 2 inch rounds. Put one round back into the pot and cover while shaping the other round to fit the olive-oiled baking pan.
8. Brush top of the dough with olive oil, cover with plastic wrap, and allow the dough to rise in a warm place for around 10 minutes or slightly risen.
Turn the oven on to 350 degrees to preheat.
9. Remove the plastic wrap and bake on the lowest rack for 16 minutes or until just browned. Turn the pizza bread once while baking for even browning. While the pizza is browning, shape and prepare the second round for rising and baking.
The pizza bread may be cooled and frozen at this point before going to the next step.
10. Cover with the pizza sauce (1-1/2 packets each), cheese, your favorite toppings, and a little more cheeses, and then place in the oven for around 12 minutes or until the pizza is hot and the cheese has melted.
Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.Papa's Pizza